Click to View Live Calendar
Upcoming EventsYoung Survivors Happy Hour at The Levee
August 21 - 5:30 PM
Giggle with Gilda
August 23 - 6:30 PM
Living with Dying
August 25 - 1:00 PM
Mind/Body Support For You
August 25 - 5:30 PM
Post-Treatment Networking Group
August 26 - 6:00 PM
Advanced Stage Cancer: Support for Caregivers
August 26 - 4:30 PM
Breast Cancer Networking Group
August 26 - 6:00 PM
Community Potluck Dinner
August 27 - 5:45 PM
August 28 - 12:00 PM
Hospice Care: Finding Facts and Exposing Myths
August 28 - 6:00 PM
Latest NewsCOLIN MOCHRIE, BRAD SHERWOOD TO HEADLINE FIFTH ANNUAL GIGGLE WITH GILDA
July 27, 2014
The Gift of Time
There are many different volunteer opportunities through Gilda’s Club. The following is a partial list of the various kinds of volunteer support needed:
- Program volunteers who conduct workshops or give lectures in their fields of expertise. Topics are quite diverse and can include yoga, tai chi, nutrition, art projects, the latest drug trials and what we are learning, expression through movement, financial planning, navigating health insurance, knitting, information about specific cancers or treatments, how to talk to your doctor, cooking demonstrations, gardening, just to name a few.
- Special events volunteers who assist with the planning and/or implementation of special events like our signature Giggle With Gilda event.
- Speaker’s Bureau volunteers who go through extensive training to be community representatives for Gilda’s Club Kansas City. These volunteers staff booths at community events and present to business, civic and social groups about the work and needs of Gilda’s Club.
- Clerical and administrative volunteers who help with mailings, answering the phone, data entry, and other general administrative tasks.
- Development volunteers who help with research, grant writing, grant reporting and special events.
- Noogieland volunteers who assist staff during Noogie Nights and other children’s activities. (Please note that these volunteer slots are very popular and tend to fill up quickly.)
- Facilities volunteers who provide assistance with the remodeling and physical upkeep of the Clubhouse.